Are you passionate about food and looking to be part of a fast-paced SaaS startup that’s revolutionizing the food and beverage industry?
You’ve come to the right place. Tastewise lives and breathes food in our halls, in our product, and our work with clients — it’s in our DNA. Our leading AI-powered market intelligence platform is the secret ingredient behind some of the world’s largest food and beverage brands like Nestle, Pepsi, Campbell’s, and more. We help them place their consumers at the center of every decision. With insights sourced from billions of data points, we’re empowering our clients to create, market, and sell their products faster and more successfully than ever before. We’re working at the forefront of AI and innovation in food and beverage — and we have fun doing it!
About the role
As a PreSales Engineer, you will be responsible for managing the technical aspects of customer-facing engagements. You will play a crucial role in driving sales and helping our customers understand the value and capabilities of our products and solutions. This role requires strong technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and the ability to effectively demonstrate our offerings to potential clients
With prospects, that means leading product demos and presentations, providing input on implementation of the platform to anyone from end-users to c-suite, and technical scoping. Behind the scenes, you’ll have the opportunity to get creative. This includes anything from developing custom demos using front and backend APIs that showcase the power of our platform, to building tools that support the sales process. Combined with your superb communication abilities, your specialized technical skills will be key in signing new deals, so you’ll have a direct impact on our bottom line.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their technical requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Conduct product demonstrations and workshops for clients, showcasing the features and benefits of our solutions.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to support the sales process, ensuring a seamless transition from pre-sales to post-sales activities.
- Respond to Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, preparing and submitting comprehensive and accurate technical proposals.
- Scope projects and work closely with the implementation team to define project requirements and customizations.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to clients regarding system integrations, APIs, and data flow.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including product management and development, to provide feedback from customer engagements and help shape the product roadmap.
- Stay updated with industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to effectively position our products and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar technical pre-sales role, preferably in the food & beverage and/or market research sectors.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs, web technologies, and data integration principles.
- Training and enabling the sales team on the topics of product, technology, and competitive positioning
- Proven ability to deliver compelling product demonstrations and workshops to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages are an advantage
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to understand complex customer requirements and translate them into effective solutions.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and establish trust with customers.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for client meetings, conferences, and industry events.
Optimal Skills for Success
- 3+ years of technical client-facing experience combined with a SaaS product environment
- World-class written and verbal communication. You will be writing and talking a lot, so this is one of the most important aspects of the job
- An ability to simplify complex topics, and always relate technical explanations back to the business value of the product
- Must be comfortable working day-to-day with cloud-based workflow tools, such as Salesforce, Google Apps, and Slack
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience.